Customer relationship management (CRM) allows businesses to find, manage, and keep customers. When existing customers and potential customers are organized in one platform, businesses get a bird’s-eye view their segment of the market. They can then organize processes and deliver excellent customer service which results in higher sales.
It can be challenging to find the best CRM solution for your small business. Many of them are created for large businesses and are high in cost and too complex for small business owners. Here are nine CRM options for your business that are reasonably priced and designed to meet your needs:
1. Punchh. This is a combination of CRM and mobile app technology. It helps businesses connect with consumers and gather data through their smartphones. POS systems, email marketing, and analytic tools are combined so businesses using this system have access to insights that help them to learn more about their customers. Sources of data include surveys, reviews, mobile payments, and mobile loyalty programs. This system is also capable of measuring the word-of-mouth ROI from social networks through platform connections to find out what is being said about your brand.
2. SharpSpring. This system makes it possible for businesses to automate marketing. They can then spend more time developing strong customer relationships. Web tracking and call tracking are included to drive leads and convert to sales. With this feature, if a customer asks for more information through an online form, they receive an email and a sales rep is notified of the request. Businesses can also distributed dedicated phone numbers so they can easily track customers and provide sales reps with relevant information to turn the leads into sales.
3. Yesware. This helps business improve relationships and increase sales through customer email tracking and analysis. The system is available for Gmail and Outlook and Firefox and Chrome extensions. Yesware Mobile is also available on iOS. It sends alerts when emails are opened and links are clicked, and provides custom email templates, follow-up reminders, and analytics. It also includes a click-to-call feature making it easy to contact potential customers from your phone when they open emails. These features lead to increased conversions and a better understanding of what works and what doesn’t work.
4. Tactile. This system makes CRM simple through its web-based contact and sales management system integration with your tech system. Businesses can access and share customer information from many sources in one space. You can use it to manage emails, notes, and sales pipelines, working well with other business tools like FreshBooks, Campaign Monitor, ZenDesk, and Google Apps.
5. Insightly. This comprehensive system allows you to manage contacts, projects, and workflows. It makes it possible to create real-time reports, automate activities, and track achievements and milestones. It can be integrated with social media and can search using email addresses to find all social media accounts. It also integrates with Office365, Google Apps, MailChimp, and Evernote among others.
6. SugarCRM for Small Business. This system provides a complete view of customers including history, key contacts, and account intelligence. Sales automation and forecasting, reporting tools, and mobile access are also included. The service can be use on the cloud.
7. Salesforce Small Business Solutions. This includes features like real-time collaboration, task tracking, and integrations with Outlook, Desk.com, iContact and Box. The system helps to improve customer experiences through its customizable ordering systems, customer case management, and ticket support systems.
8. Batchbook. This is a simple platform that tracks deals, projects, and workflows, builds to-do lists, create customer groups, and allows for team collaboration. This no-frills option makes it easy to get started with a drag-and-drop upload that creates individual profiles. It integrates with Eventbrite, MAilChimp, Google, Hootsuite, Intuit, Facebook, and Twitter among others.
9. ContactMe. This simple systems helps business to keep track of customers, organizing them, attaching notes, emails, and files to build complete profiles. Its calendar tools help keep track of appointments and deadlines. It also offers data syncing with marketing tools like Constant Contact, WordPress, and Facebook.