1. Whatever you’ve been doing is not working. Newspaper ads, yellow pages, direct mail, magazines, and networking. You’re doing it all, yet you still do not have all the business you want or need and your pipeline is empty. Maybe it’s time to get some outside help.
2. You want to take responsibility for the growth of your company. You know you’re capable of anything when you have the tools and the resources. Sure, you can most likely grow your small business just do not know where to begin. Hiring a marketing specialist to guide you will help you take responsibility for the growth of your company.
3. You need accountability. You’ve read a few marketing books, attended seminars, and maybe even had some coaching in the past. You know the basics of marketing you just have not committed the time and energy into creating a cohesive system to make it work. You know you need help: someone who can give you direction and hold you accountable. Having someone to gently nudge you, someone to answer to will force you to do the things you know need to be done to take your business to the next level.
4. You want objective feedback. Your friends and colleagues have been great for stroking your ego. But you know all your ideas are not that great. If they were, you’d be a millionaire. You need someone who is going to be objective. Someone who will constructively lead you in the right direction and offer a fresh perspective to your ideas. This objectivity will nudge you out of your rut and point out the areas you can improve upon; In all aspects of your business.
5. You do not have time to do all the marketing research and reading on your own. You are an expert in your industry. You can not possibly be a marketing expert too; You do not have time to master the things you need to take your business to the next level. You value your time and know it’s better spent on other aspects of your business where you can reap a higher return.
6. You do not have a marketing plan. You’ve been doing your marketing kind of haphazardly. Doing a little here and there with no cohesive plan or strategy in place. It’s not working. You know that in order to make it work there has to be some consistency and process behind it. A marketing coach can help you develop a system for your marketing – and stick to it.
7. You do not have $ 10,000 – $ 50,000 to hire a consultant. Yes, it would be nice to hire someone to do it all for you, but you do not have that kind of money lying around. You can hire a coach for considerably less and still get a lot of the benefits you get with a consultant. Beside, you’re the DIY type anyway.